- Save you hours (possibly days or even weeks) of development time.
- Contribute to your regular Daily Build architecture.
- Provide you with a complete Package per table with all DML (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE) functionality included.
How does it work?
The API Generator creates code from a master PLSQL package and spools the result out to a text file (script.sql)
It then runs this file and creates an entire PLSQL layer to handle all DML functions for all tables in your schema.
Here’s the simplified running order…
- run api_builder.sql in SQLPlus (or TOAD).
- three tables are created to handle all generated code
- Base package is created to handle code generation.
- Package is run to generate code.
- Code is then spooled out to physical file.
- File is then run from SQLPlus and packages are created.